- Created on Thursday, 15 November 2012 18:31
- Last Updated on Saturday, 16 November 2013 14:47
- Written by Administrator
- Hits: 89
Message from Council Member Betsy Hodges:
Thank you to all of you who have called, emailed and signed the online petitions about the proposed changes to the airport flight patterns. I would also like to thank Council Member John Quincy and the Fulton and Kenny residents who spoke on behalf of the City at the Noise Oversight Committee (NOC) public hearing yesterday. Unfortunately, despite the compelling testimony, the NOC voted to advance the “Area Navigation” RNAV changes to the Metropolitan Airport Commission (MAC).
I am very concerned that the plans for these proposed navigation changes for the Minneapolis/St. Paul International Airport could have serious impacts on our neighborhoods. We are asking the MAC to delay the decision to better understand what is proposed and engage properly with community members.
Your help is needed to have the City’s voice heard. Please continue to contact the MAC and the Federal Officials who have a voice in this process, prior to Monday’s vote.
We are advocating for:
- More time and opportunity for community input
- A more rigorous environmental review which includes analysis of both RNAV and the Long Term Comprehensive Plan (LTCP)
- A delay in implementation of these changes, at least for flight-paths over Minneapolis
Office of Congressman Keith Ellison
Office of Senator Amy Klobuchar
Senator Al Franken
Please know that we are working hard on this issue on behalf of Ward 13 and appreciate all of your messages and help on this matter.