Tuesday evening at the Armatage Neighborhood Association meeting,
Lt. Jack Kelly and Amy Lavender ( Crime Prevention Specialist)
both took time out from their
very busy schedules to address the concerns of residents.
The recent lurings in the area have parents and residents
concerned. They offered the following information:
1. There is an investigator assigned to this case.
2. The police are taking this situation very seriously.
3. Extra patrols have been added in the hours before and after school.
4. The CRT (Community Response Team) will spend the majority
of of their shift in this area.
Concerned residents and parents asked both Lt. Kelly
and Amy what they can do to help their children safe.
The following are their tips:
1. ALWAYS CALL 911! Please let the police decide what is
important and what will help an ongoing investigation. Most of us were taught
to only call 911 in an emergency. This is no longer true.
If you see something suspicious, call 911.
2. Make sure your children are aware when they are
walking or biking in the neighborhood.
3. Tell your children that they should not walk and text!
4. For further crime prevention resources, please visit